Taiko Drummers

Amanda Sullivan, Co-Editor
May 11, 2013

On March 31st the Taiko Drummers from Japan came to Westtown and gave another, yet equally wonderful, energy -filled performance in the Barton-Test Theater. The concert was to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the gift of trees, otherwise known as The National Cherry Blossom Centennial. Their... (more...)

Election Time: Student Leadership

Amanda Sullivan, Co-editor
February 1, 2013

It’s that time of year again, election time. There are many positions available and many eager students wishing to fill them. They are as follows: 1. Chief Prefect (current sophomores & juniors who will be boarding next year) 2. Prefect (current sophomores & juniors who will... (more...)

Robotics Team Photo

Mighty Metal Moose Moves On To Mid-Atlantics in Missouri

Amanda Sullivan, Co-editor
April 9, 2012

Metal Moose, Westtown’s robotic team, placed second overall in the March 24 Lenape FIRST Robotics District Competition. They competed against 42 teams on the East Coast. The challenge this year was called Rebound Rumble. The task was to figure out how to build a robot that can pick up basketballs... (more...)

Raise The Roof

Amanda Sullivan, Co-editer
January 10, 2012

Habitat for Humanity is one of the many clubs that Westtown has this year. Their goal is to raise money and build houses for those in need. The club leaders, Maggie Munts, Mary Beth Melso, Stephanie Schick and Katie Schick, want to make sure that everyone in the club is included and that they... (more...)

Class Cup Dodge Ball Tournament

Amanda Sullivan, Co-Editer
January 9, 2012

The first Class Cup Competition of 2012 was held in the Athletic Center on Saturday. The student body presidents had organized a dodge ball competition between the grades. However, the Juniors and Freshmen failed to put together a The Sophomore class dodge ball team. team so they had... (more...)

Class Cup Update

Amanda Sullivan, Co-editor
December 9, 2011

Our first Class Cup competition after Thanksgiving vacation got started with a push. On November 29, 2011 there was a pushup competition. Ethan Tankel represented 12th grade, Jason Kim for 11th, Habeeb Onitiri for 10th and Aaron Steel represented 9th grade. The challenge was to see who could... (more...)

Class Cup Standings

Amanda Sullivan, Co-editor
November 28, 2011

During a recent Joint Collection the student body presidents, Maggie Munts and Daquan Daly, organized a Class Cup. Almost every week there will be a competition between the grades. The grade with the most points at the end of the year will receive a pizza party.  On Tuesday November 1, 2011... (more...)